Autor Tópico: Caledon - Comunidade Steampunk MUNDIAL  (Lida 1638 vezes)

Offline William Archcroft

• Ver Perfil
Caledon - Comunidade Steampunk MUNDIAL
« em: Agosto 24, 2010, 12:21:25 pm »
Greetings! I am William Archcroft, Lord Mayor of the growing Steampunk community of Caledon, and I’d like to invite you to join us!

Steampunk? What’s that, a Turkish dish?

Heaven’s sake, sir (or lady), no! Briefly explained, Steampunk can be defined as…

“…sub-genre of science fiction and speculative fiction, that came into prominence during the 1980s and early 1990s. The term denotes fictional works set in an era or world where steam power is still widely used—usually the 19th century, and often Victorian era Britain—but with prominent elements of either science fiction or fantasy, often featuring futuristic technology as the people of this historical period would have envisioned it to look like, i.e. based on a Victorian perspective on fashion, culture, architectural style, art, etc. This technology may include fictional machines like those found in the works of H. G. Wells and Jules Verne, or real technological developments like the computer, but occurring at an earlier date.”

…Why thank you, Miss Wikipedia. But let’s play it down a little bit, shall we? For example, do you happen to know the film “League of Extraordinary Gentlemen”, or the new “Sherlock Holmes”? Heard of such games as Final Fantasy 9, or Bioshock Infinite? Well then, if you do and love their style and appearance, congratulations, you’re a steampunk fan!

What, pray tell, is Caledon, exactly?

A very good question indeed. Simply put, Caledon is a Steampunk-oriented virtual community, a place  where the mad inventors, explorer and engineers, dashing sky captains or just your average Victoriana-lover may find a refuge from daily affairs and discuss all things steamo, ranging from music  and art, home décor, D.I.Y. projects, to clothing and films…well, essentially anything. Anything and everything, it’s your choice!

And you’re the…what, Lord Mayor?

Oh, yes.  Caledon, you see, started its life as budding new nation project between friends. Our original, and quite small community, made up entirely of good Portuguese folk (don’t worry, they can speak English just fine), has since decided to broaden its horizons and make our little Caledon available to the general world-wide public, turning it into a thriving Steampunk community. We have, however, retained the old structures of the nation project, and we’ll keep on developing them, just for fun. I am Lord Mayor, which means I’m a sort of president of the community. No one’s forced to get into it, at all, but you’ll find your Caledoner experience much more fun if you pitch in and help us build the Caledon of your dreams!  More details on that are readily available by mailing me or reaching me in MSN, as well as in our forum:

http://z7.invisionfree.com/State_of_Caledon/index.php

So…why should I join?

Well, it’s really up to you, but you’ll be hard-pressed to find such a great community of Steampunk lovers, with members from all over the world! So if you’re a proper steamo, don’t be shy: strap your boots, ready your guns, and wind your timepiece for the wildest journey of your life!

“To Believe, To Love, To Create”
, that's  our motto

And we mean it!

Sincerely,
Lord Mayor William Archcroft, of Caledon

antonio_oliveira17@hotmail.com

Um P.S. Para Compatriotas: Perdoem-me a postagem deste convite em inglês num fórum português, mas espero que entendam a mensagem e o porquê da utilização da língua inglesa. Obrigado!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49